Child Visitation2021-10-07T11:42:35-04:00

Top-Rated Rockland & Orange
Visitation Lawyer
Offices in New City, NY

Do you need a skilled visitation attorney?

Are you looking for an accomplished visitation lawyer in Rockland or Orange County?  Mark S. Paige helps families in Rockland and Orange Counties achieve their family law matter goals. The Law Offices of Mark S. Paige handles divorce, issues pertaining to child visitation, modification or enforcement of agreements, and family court issues.

Call Mark S. Paige 845-639-0981

Preeminent  Child Visitation Lawyer
Serving Rockland & Orange Counties

Divorce can have a severe impact on the family. A child that is in the middle of an emotionally driven divorce case can be adversely affected by the outcome. Child visitation, custody, and child support issues can rip a family apart. Through it all, parents work to protect their relationships with their children. New York courts always focus on what is in the best interest of the children. When it comes to child visitation matters, it is crucial to have an attorney on your side. If you need quality legal support from a skilled and compassionate attorney, contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Paige, P.C. for a consultation.

Meetings are normally held in his New City Office.  If you prefer, consultations can be set at a mutually agreed upon location in Rockland or Orange Counties.

For over 25 years, Attorney Mark S. Paige has provided Rockland County clients with skilled family law representation. The office is proud to serve clients in matters including:

Click On The Video Below For An Overview Of The Services Provided By The Law Offices Of Mark S. Paige

  • Divorce Mediation
  • Collaborative Divorce
  • Contested Divorce
  • Prenuptial agreements
  • Agreement modifications
  • enforcement orders
  • Child support
  • Custody
  • Child visitation
  • Spousal support
  • Division of assets
  • Family Court
  • Grandparents Rights

Do You Need An Exceptional Divorce Attorney 
To Represent Your Interests?

Attorney Paige has received the highest possible rating from his peers (other lawyers) – AV Preeminent® from Martindale-Hubbell, who have done peer rating for over 100 years. The “A” rates his legal abilities as preeminent, and the “V” evaluates his ethics at the highest levels. The entire staff focuses on helping you obtain the outcome you desire in your divorce of family matter as hassle-free as possible. Contact the Law Offices of Mark S. Paige, P.C. for a consultation, and they will be happy to provide you with dedicated, compassionate, and skilled representation during this difficult time.

Call Us For Confidential Divorce Or Family Law Matters 845-639-0981

Representing Rockland and Orange County clients in family law matters

Most people want a family law lawyer who is willing to listen until they fully understand their issues and can develop a strategy that gets results with the least negative impact on children.  Mark listens and helps you clarify how you want your life to be in the future.  All of his strategies and action are designed to help you reach your goals.  If your ex is not living up to their responsibilities or you need to modify your agreements or court orders Attorney Paige is there to assist you in obtaining the results you desire.  This is why the residents of Rockland and Orange Counties have come to depend on The Law Office of Mark S. Paige, P.C., for help in the following family matters:

Visitations issues handled by The Law Offices of Mark S. Paige

Rockland and Orange County Dad with son after visitation judgment

Sole custody and child visitation

Sole custody means that a parent has been deemed unfit by a court and cannot be trusted to take care of a child. The courts rarely awarded sole custody to one parent. When it is, the rights of the other, non-custodial parent are curtailed, and they lose the right to make critical decisions in his or her child’s life. Losing custody, however, does not mean that they lose the right to visit with their child. If one parent is unfit, they should have the chance to become the parent their child deserves through supervised visitations. In the future, this parent may even be able to change the custody structure

Order for visitation

If you are faced with a hostile custodial parent, a petition seeking an order of visitation may be filed to request intervention by the court. Parents are not the only ones who can submit a request. Grandparents, siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings may also file. Unfortunately, New York will not award custody to many other family members, including stepparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Of course, when deciding on these cases, New York courts will always act in the best interests of the child.

judge listening to a family law case argued by Mark S. Paige
Mark Paige, esq handles Garndparent rights issues

Other individuals who can file for visitation rights


In New York State, the following individuals may file for visitation rights:

  • Grandparents visitation – The courts will hear requests for visitations from grandparents. However, they will only consider this request from natural or adoptive grandparents and not great grandparents, aunts, or uncles.
  • Siblings visitation – in New York State siblings and half-siblings have visitations rights. If the sibling is a minor, an older sibling or Parent must innate the request.
  • Step-siblings visitation – unfortunately, the present NYS law states that only siblings and half-siblings have the right to request visitation.



Or Call Us Now At 845-639-0981

A Preeminent Divorce & Family Attorney

The Law Office of Mark S Paige offers clients skilled and experienced legal representation in important family law matters. With over 25 years of experience, Attorney Paige is highly skilled in working closely with clients during emotionally and financially stressful times. Clients appreciate his straightforward approach to their legal matters. Mark makes every effort to ensure open lines of communication with my clients and return phone calls within twenty-four hours… click for more about Attorney Paige

Appointments are held in the New City Office.  Special arrangements can be made to meet at a mutually convenient location in Rockland or Orange Counties.

Divorce and Family Attorney Mark S. Paige

Our clients say it best… 

(note- we only publish first names on reviews for confidentiality reasons)

​​​​​​​”I was dealing with various issues during my divorce and Mark was professional, patient, understanding and clearly explained my options. He also provided great direction. He was always available and promptly returned calls. My divorce went smoothly due to his guidance. I highly recommend Mark.”


​​​​​​​“Mark was prepared, kind and did not mince words. He told me what was going to happen and it worked out better than I could imagine.”


​​​​​​​If you need a competent, compassionate, fair minded, and overall decent human being to represent you in your divorce, hire Mark Paige immediately.


Frequently Asked Questions

What should I expect during the divorce2021-09-17T11:48:18-04:00

Mark Paige has over 25 years expericne as a divorce attroeny and will explaing the process, what to expect and how to best deal….

Do I really need an attorney?2021-08-06T12:08:42-04:00

We recommend you do, to protect yourself from serious financial loss.

What method of divorce is right for me?2021-08-06T12:05:08-04:00

There are three methods – litigation (traditional divirce) mediation and collobaration…..

map of Rockland County and New City

Conveniently Located New City Office
– Easy to Get To From Rockland Or Orange Counties

The Law Office of Mark S Paige is located at 146 Maple Ave in New City, New York. The Rockland County Courthouse is just a few short blocks away. New City is a hamlet located within Clarkstown, which is also comprised of the villages of Nyack, Congers, Nanuet, and Valley Cottage. Being centrally located in Rockland County, New City was the ideal location to make it convenient for the client to meet Attorney Paige before or after court or any other time. People coming from the North or South often use The Palisades Parkway, Route 304. Rt 45 or Little Tor Road. From the East or West, the NY State Thruway is nearby. New Hempstead Road and Congers Road also lead to New City. You can use Google Maps for directions to the office too. When people have long commutes or difficulties getting to our office during business hours, appointments can be arranged for a mutually convenient location in Rockland or Orange Counties.

When you need a Rockland or  Orange County child visitation attorney who delivers results

It can be devastating to be purposefully cut off from a loved one, especially a child. When a family member needs a court’s intervention to grant access to a child, they need the proper legal support to see the matter through. It is vital to pick an experienced attorney that can effectively represent your needs. The attorney must have the skills to convince the court that the custodial parent is not acting in the best interests of the child. If you need a compassionate and effective legal team in Rockland or Orange County, contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Paige, P.C. at (845) 639-0981 for a visitation consultation today.

Call Mark S. Paige 845-639-0981
Go to Top